What if I cannot make the payments on my Chapter 13 plan?
June 22, 2017
What do I have to disclose about my finances in a bankruptcy filing?
June 22, 2017
Show all

What if I cannot pay non-dischargeable tax debt even over a five-year Chapter 13 plan?

Our Professional Answer:

In situations where you can’t pay the full amount of your non-dischargeable tax debt, in a Chapter 13 five year plan, there are other options. Sometimes, we recommend that you file a Chapter 7, and then take that non-dischargeable debt and do an offer and compromise with the IRS. There are other strategies but this is a complex case and you must consult a bankruptcy attorney about this one.