What if I want to pay some of my creditors?
June 22, 2017
What if I cannot pay non-dischargeable tax debt even over a five-year Chapter 13 plan?
June 22, 2017
Show all

What if I cannot make the payments on my Chapter 13 plan?

Our Professional Answer:

People who have filed Chapter 13 plans whose circumstances change, often cannot make the payments. There are ways around this, sometimes we amend the Chapter 13 plan to lower the payments to represent the new reality. In other cases, we may offer to convert the case to a Chapter 7 and give you an immediate discharge of debts. You should consult with your bankruptcy attorney.